Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why doesn't Christmas ever feel like Christmas here?

Image taken from google images.

Ever since I have moved here it never feels like Christmas. Maybe it's just me, but I was used to was a nice cold Christmas-y feeling around this time of year. But, here I wouldn't know it was Christmas time if I didn't know the date.
Not very many people get into the Christmas spirit here either and that's part of the problem. Nobody does really anything, there aren't very many houses with Christmas lights up and there aren't very many people that give a dang.
I know that there are parades and parties and that kind of stuff, but not many people participate. I myself went to the boat parade where they decorate them with lights and have santa riding with them and then I went to the Festival of lights down on Old Main Street. There is also a church right down the road that does a really good Christmas thing that you drive through and look at all the stuff. It was really cool.
Another part of the problem would be the weather. Seriously, can't the climate just say, "Hey it's Christmas time over there in Florida. Let's cool it down a little."
I think that the economy probably has helped people get out of the Christmas spirit some as well because a lot of people can't afford to buy any presents and they can't really afford to do all the Christmas things. It sucks.
I used to love Christmas a lot, but now, I don't even think that much of it.

I didn't say there wasn't ANY Christmas spirit going on, I just meant that there isn't that much.

3 comments:

BECK said...

I think it gets VERY christmas-y around here. Almost everyone on my street decorates and puts out lights (including us). There are parades, parties, and all kinds of special events. They even decorate in stores and on the main roads. Christmas trees are selling out, everyone is rushing around to buy gifts in time, and cookie ingredients are running out at the grocery stores. I think you just need to pay more attention, despite the warm weather, because it sure feels like Christmas to me.

Swanson said...

I think Becca's is right. I was thinking that there were more lights down here because its warm enough to put them up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.