Monday, November 16, 2009

My first i-Movie

My first i-movie was on the artist Banksy. While making the movie, I learned where my artist was from and a lot of new things about him that I hadn't known before. He is from Bristol, UK and has done a lot more art then I knew that he had done. I discovered a lot more of his works that are pretty famous that I didn't know he had done either. He did that monkeys in congress picture that I like a lot and I've always thought that it was pretty cool as well as the two grandma's making sweaters that say "Thug for Life" and "Punk's not Dead". I like how a lot of his work is extremely controversial like for instance one of his graffiti paintings in one of the southern states (like Alabama or something) was of a Ku Klux Klan member hanging from a noose. Things like those I think are pretty cool and sometimes funny like the one he did of a window with a man hanging off the ledge and "inside" the window was a man looking for the guy hanging off the window ledge and the woman looking over her husbands shoulder with a worried look on her face. That one is a pretty famous painting.

As I was making the movie, I discovered a lot of things that I hadn't known how to do before like adding pictures, words, and music. I thought that adding the pictures was extremely easy. Just click and drag. But, I had to go for help to add the text because I am apparently blind and didn't see the little "T" that you're supposed to click to get to the text thingy. The music was pretty easy to do too except for the fact that there isn't very much to choose from. If I could change that about the computers than I would most definitely get more music for us kids to choose from. I thought that everything was pretty simple once we learned how to do it and I am pretty sure that I will remember how to do it for future use.

1 comment:

Swanson said...

Bansky was a great choice.