Monday, February 8, 2010

Life Changing Experience.

I don't know if this counts, but here goes...

My brother was heavily involved in drug throughout his teenage years. It got him all messed up in school, he lost a ton of weight, had a bad attitude, hung out with the wrong people, and generally was doing terrible. As I watched him go though all these things it has influenced me not to do any drugs.
A lot of my family members are alcoholics who's livers are going through hell and other health problems. I see them gradually growing worse and drinking more while their kids look on worried and scared because they just won't stop.
Because of this, I would never want to put anyone through what my family and I have gone through by doing drugs or drinking so now I loathe even the thought of doing drugs/drinking and I never want to do it.
I don't mind if other people do it, it's your decision and I won't judge you for it. That's just my personal belief. A lot of people I know and some of the people I respect drink and stuff and it doesn't bug me, just don't expect me to join you because it's just not anything I would want to do.

1 comment:

Swanson said...

Thank you for sharing such a personal experience. I'm sure you've learned some valuable lessons from the experience.