Monday, January 25, 2010

Teachers.

Some of my most memorable teachers that created somewhat of a "spark" in me are my second grade teacher Mrs. Boone, my fifth grade teacher Mrs. Deas, my eighth grade art teacher Mrs. Bromley as well as some others.

Mrs. Boone was my second grade teacher at my elementary school in Alabama. She was always one of my favorites and I liked her a lot. She was one of the first teachers who noticed that I had a higher than normal reading level (I had a twelfth grade reading level) and always encouraged me to read more difficult books which I gladly did. I also remember that that was when I started liking math. I LOVED math back in elementary/middle school and that's when it started. She always used to brag about me to other teachers and it always made me feel good about myself.

Mrs. Deas was my fifth grade teacher was also always supporting my reading and math too. She would always let me go to the library even though I had gone the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that, and so on. (Yeah, I went everyday.) Eventually I became one of the top readers in the whole school. (Only ten points behind first place.) Since I was really good at math as well she convinced me to join the math team (that she ran) and we went and had competitions and stuff. So, that made me like math even more.

My art teacher Mrs. Bromley was the most eccentric, creative, and awesome-est teacher I have ever had. She always made sure that the kids loved whatever it was we were doing and made us understand artists better and would always come up with the coolest projects. I liked her a lot. I had her for two years in a row and would have loved to have her for another. She was awesome.

Looking back on all this I am realizing how much of a little dork I was am.
I don't think I'd change it though.

1 comment:

Edgar(Danny) said...

If you were to change it you and I might have not been able to get along so well, so I'm glad you didn't change.